[ntcir:146] Round-Table Discussion for NTCIR-5 PATENT

We apologize if you receive multiple copies.

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

The first round-table discussion of the NTCIR-5 patent retrieval task

Time & Date:
  AM 15:00-17:00, June, 28, 2004. (Mon.)
Place:
  Room #1201 on 12th floor at
  the National Institute of Informatics, JAPAN
Agenda:
(1) Report of the NTCIR-4 patent retrieval task
    Atsushi Fujii (University of Tsukuba)
(2) Proposal of the NTCIR-5 patent retrieval task
    Atsushi Fujii (University of Tsukuba)
    Makoto Iwayama (Tokyo Institute of Technology / Hitachi Ltd.)
(3) Discussion

Given success in NTCIR-3 and NTCIR-4, the patent retrieval task
is also planned in NTCIR-5 Workshop.
In brief, we plan to use 5-10 years of patent applications
to perform "retrieval" and "classification" tasks.
Automatic text classification and machine learning techniques
have promise for improving the quality of the classification task.

If you will attend the meeting, please e-mail
your name and affiliation to ntcadm-patent@xxxxxxxxx
by June/23/2004 (Wed.).

For publications related to the NTCIR patent retrieval tasks,
please see the folloiwng URL:
http://www.slis.tsukuba.ac.jp/~fujii/ntcir4/cfp-en.html

We also invite your comments and interest in the task.

Best regards.

NTCIR-5 patent retrieval task organizers
ntcadm-patent@xxxxxxxxx

PS:
The round-table discussion of the WEB Task will also be
held on the same day and place.
We appreciate your interest in attending this meeting.
Details will be announced by the organizer of the WEB Task.

Atsushi Fujii, Associate Professor
Graduate School of Library, Information and Media Studies
University of Tsukuba
1-2 Kasuga, Tsukuba, 305-8550, Japan
E-mail: fujii@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

===(Japanese announcement)==================================