[ntcir:164] CFP: Second Asia Information Retrieval Symposium

[Apologies if you receive this more than once]

Attached is the latest version of AIRS 2005 CFP.
We look forward to seeing you in Jeju Island, Korea!

- Tetsuya Sakai, Toshiba Corporate R&D Center

 > #####################################################################
 >
 >          Second Asia Information Retrieval Symposium
   (AIRS 2005)
 >                      CALL FOR PAPERS
 >
 > #####################################################################
 >

 > October 13-15, 2005,
 > Jeju Island, Korea
 >
 > http://www.airs2005.org

 >  - Paper submission due: April 18, 2005
 >  - Submission websites: https://msrcmt.research.microsoft.com/AIRS2005/

 > The symposium aims to bring together international researchers and
 > developers
 > to exchange new ideas and latest achievements in the field of
 > information retrieval (IR). The scope of the symposium covers
applications,
 > systems, technologies and theoretical aspects of information retrieval
in text,
 > audio,
 > image, video and multi-media data. This year's symposium will be
 > collocated with International Joint Conference of Natural Language
Processing
 > (IJCNLP) and have a special session on "Digital Photo Albuming."
 >
 > AIRS2005 welcomes submissions of original papers in the broad field of
information retrieval.
 > The proceedings including both regular and poster papers will be
 > published as a LNCS (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)(pending).
 >
 > +++++++
 > Topics
 > +++++++
 >
 > Technical issues covered include, but are not limited to:
 >
 >   * IR theories and models
 >   * Text mining issues: classification, clustering, summarization,
 > extraction
 >   * Web related issues: web mining, search engine, semantic web
 >   * Multimedia retrieval: image, video, audio, metadata
 >   * Experimentation: test collection, corpus, evaluation methodology
  * Systems and implementation issues: efficiency, integration
 >   * Application of IR technology: e-commerce, e-learning, digital
 > libraries,     ubiquitous computing, bioinformatics, medical informatics,
 > telematics, etc.
 >
 > ++++++++++++++++
 > Important Dates
 > ++++++++++++++++
 >
 > **April 18, 2005 : Deadline for submissions (paper & poster)
 >     May 30, 2005 : Notification of acceptance to authors by e-mail
 >    June 15, 2005 : Final camera-ready manuscripts due
 >     Sept 1, 2005 : Deadline for online registration
 > Oct. 13-15, 2005 : AIRS2004 conference
 >

 > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 > Instruction for submissions
 > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 >
 > Papers
 > Authors of papers are invited to submit original contributions, not
 > exceeding 5,000 words for regular papers and 2,500 for poster papers
in English,
 > via the
 > Conference Management Tool that can be accessed at:
 >
 > https://msrcmt.research.microsoft.com/AIRS2005/
 >
 > Authors are strongly encouraged to prepare their manuscripts in PDF or
 > in MS Word,
 > according to Springer's manuscript submission guidelines for LNCS
 > available at:
 >
 > http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html
 >
 > For further information, please contact the PC Co-chairs:
 >     Gary Geunbae Lee (gblee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
 >     Akio Yamada (a-yamada@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
 > Demonstrations
 > Proposals are accepted for demonstrations of research prototypes or
 > operational systems related to the broad field of information
 > retrieval.  A demonstration proposal is a one-page extended abstract
 > that describes an overview of the system and major techniques
 > implemented. A separate page should describe the hardware, software,
 > and network requirements for the demonstration, which should be
 > provided by the conference organizer.
 > Proposals in either PDF or Postscript should be submitted to the
 > Demo/Exhibitions Chair, Myung-Gil Jang (mgjang@xxxxxxxxxx) by May 15,
 > 2005.
 >
 > ++++++++++++++++++++++++
 > Conference Organization
 > ++++++++++++++++++++++++
 >
 > General Conference Chairs:     Sung Hyon Myaeng (ICU, Korea)
 >     Dong In Park (KISTI, Korea)
 > Program Chairs     Gary G. Lee (POSTECH, Korea)
 >     Akio Yamada (NEC, Japan)
 > Poster Chair:     Helen Meng (Chinese University of Hong Kong, China)
 > Demo/Exhibition Chair     Myung-Gil Jang (ETRI, Korea)
 > Publicity Chairs     Hsin-hsi Chen (National Taiwan University, Taiwan)
 >     MunChurl Kim (ICU, Korea)
 >     Mun-kew Leong (I2R, Singapore)
 >     Tetsuya Sakai (Toshiba, Japan)     Bing Swen (Peking University,
China)     Robert Luk (Hong Kong Polytechnic University, China)
 > Treasurer/Secretary:
 >     Bo Yeong Kang (ICU, Korea)
 > Sponsorship Chair
 >     Hee Suk Lim (Hansin University)
 >
 > Steering Committee:
 >     Jun Adachi, National Institute of Informatics, Japan     Hsin-Hsi
Chen, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
 >     Lee-Feng Chien, Academia Sinica, Taiwan     Gary Geunbae Lee,
POSTECH, Korea
 >     Mun-Kew Leong, Institute for Infocomm Research, Singapore
 >     Helen Meng, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, China     Sung
Hyon Myaeng, Information and Communication University,
 > Korea     Hwee Tou Ng, National University of Singapore, Singapore
 >     Tetsuya Sakai, Toshiba, Japan
 >     Kam-Fai Wong, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, China
 >     Ming Zhou, Microsoft Research Asia, China
 >
 > Program Committee:     Hani Abu-Salem, DePall University, USA
 >     Peter Anick, Overture, USA
 >     Terumasa Aoki, University of Tokyo, Japan
 >     Kohtaro Asai, Mitsubishi Electric, Japan
 >     Ricardo Baeza-Yates (University of Chile)
 >     Hsin-Hsi Chen, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
 >     Aitao Chen, University of California, Berkeley, USA
 >     Lee-Feng Chien, Academia Sinica, Taiwan
 >     Key-Sun Choi, KAIST, Korea
 >     Fabio Crestani, University of Strathclyde, Scotland
 >     Ed Fox, Virginia Tech, USA
 >     Jianfeng Gao, Microsoft Research Asia
 >     Tetsuya Ishikawa, University of Tsukuba, Japan
 >     David Hawking, CSIRO, Australia
 >     Noriko Kando, National Institute of Informatics, Japan
 >     Christopher Khoo, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
 >     Hoi-Rin Kim, Information and Communications University, Korea
 >     JunTae Kim, Dongguk University, Korea
 >     Minkoo Kim, Ajou University, Korea
 >     Munchurl Kim, Information and Communications University, Korea
 >     Whoi-Yul Kim, Hanyang University, Korea     Kazuaki Kishida,
Surugadai University, Japan
 >     Takayuki Kunieda, RICOH, Japan
 >     K. L. Kwok, Queens College, City University of New York, USA
 >     Wai Lam, Chinese University of Hong Kong, China
 >     Gary Geunbae Lee, POSTECH, Korea
 >     Jae Ho Lee, University of Seoul, Korea
 >     Jong-Hyeok Lee, POSTECH, Korea
 >     Joon Ho Lee, Soongsil University, Korea
 >     Mun-Kew Leong, Institute for Infocomm Research, Singapore
 >     Gena-Anne Levow, University of Chicago, USA
 >     Hang Li, Microsoft Research Asia, China
 >     Chin-Yew Lin, University of Southern California, USA
 >     Robert Luk, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, China
 >     B.S.Manjunath, University of California Santa Barbara, USA
 >     Helen Meng, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, China
 >     Hiroshi Murase, Nagoya University, Japan
 >     Hiroshi Nakagawa, University of Tokyo, Japan
 >     Hwee Tou Ng, National University of Singapore, Singapore
 >     Jian-Yun Nie, University of Montreal, Canada
 >     Sam Gyun Oh, Sungkyunkwan University, Korea
 >     Yuichi Ohta, University of Tsukuba, Japan
 >     Jon Patrick, University of Sydney, Australia
 >     Hae-Chang Rim, Korea University, Korea
 >     Yong Man Ro, ICU, Korea
 >     Yoshinori Sakai, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
 >     Shin'ichi Satoh, National Institute of Informatics, Japan
 >     Jungyeon Seo, Sogang University, Korea
 >     John R Smith, IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, USA
 >     Padmini Srinivasan, University of Iowa, USA
 >     Tomek Strzalkowski, State University of New York, Albany, USA
 >     Masaru Sugano, KDDI Laboratories, Japan
 >     Maosong Sun, Tsinghua University, China
 >     Ulich Thiel, IPSI, Germany
 >     Takenobu Tokunaga, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
 >     Hsin-Min Wang, Academia Sinica, Taiwan
 >     Ross Wilkinson, CSIRO, Australia     Lide Wu, Fudan University, China
 >     Jinxi Xu, BBN Technologies, USA
 >     Seong-Joon Yoo, Sejong University, Korea
 >     JunTae Yoon, Daumsoft, Korea
 >     ChengXiang Zhai, University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, USA
 >     Hong-Jiang Zhang, Microsoft Research Asia, China
 >     Ming Zhou, Microsoft Research Asia, China
 >     Min Zhang, Tsinghua University, China
 >     Jusitn Zobel, School of Computer Science and Information
 > Technology, RMIT, Australia
 >
 > Organizing Committee:     Bo Yeong Kang (Information & Communications
University)
 >     Munchurl Kim (Information & Communications University)
 >     Myung-Gil Jang (ETRI)
 >     Pyung Kim (KISTI)
 >     Qing Li (Information & Communications University)
 >     Hee Suk Lim (Hansin University)
 >     Dong-Chul Lee (Cheju National University)
 >     Youngjoong Ko (Dong-A Univerisity)     Hanmin Jung (KISTI)
 >
 > Hosted by :
 >     Information and Communications University
 >     Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information
 > Sponsored by :
 >     Toshiba Corporation, Japan
 >     LexisNexis, USA(pending)
 >     INEK, Korea
 >     More TBA
 > In cooperation with:     ACM SIGIR (pending)
 >     Chinese NewsML Community, Hong Kong
 >     SIG-HLT, Korea Information Science Society     SIG FI, Information
Processing Society of Japan

--
Dr Tetsuya Sakai (tetsuya.sakai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Knowledge Media Laboratory, Toshiba Corporate R&D Center