[ntcir:210] Document data and acknowledgement

[English announcement]   FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions

Q:  Is it necessary to purchase a license for the data to participate
    in the NTCIR-6 evaluation?

A: No, it is not necessary to purchase anything to participate in
   NTCIR-6.  All of the documents that are used in the tasks in NTCIR-6
   are provided by NII to participants free of charge.  To receive the
   data, you only have to submit signed user agreement forms.  The
   documents included in the data set can be used for research purposes
   related to NTCIR under the conditions specified in the user agreement
   forms.

  For the details of the procedure, please consult "How to Participate"
  http://research.nii.ac.jp/ntcir/ntcir-ws6/howto-en.html

  This was done by the understandings and support from the data
  providers listed in the user agreement forms for the participants.
  We thank for their continuous understanding and support.

  The providers of the document data kindly understand the importance of
  the test collection in the research on information access technologies
  and then granted the use of the data for research done through the
  tasks set by NTCIR Workshop.

  Please remember that the document data in the NTCIR test collections
  is copyrighted and has commercial value as data. It is important for
  our continued reliable and good relationship with the data
  producers/providers that we researchers must behave as a reliable
  partners and use the data only for research purpose under the user
  agreement and use them carefully not to violate any rights for them.

  For the further inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Noriko
---
Noriko Kando
ntcir project