Welcome to my homepage !!
National Institute of Informatics
Discrete Math and Theoretical Computer Science. More precisely,
Graph theory, Combinatorics and Algorithm,
Also Scalable Algorithm, Combinatorial Optimization and its application to Machine Learning, Theoretical analysis of Deep Learning
Assistant Professor of Tohoku Univ. Aug 2003 -- March 2006.
Associate Professor of National Institute of Informatics, April 2006 -- October 2009.
Professor of National Institute of Informatics, November 2009--.
Deputy Director General of National Institute of Informatics, April 2019--March 2021.
here for my detailed CV.
- The Shonan Meeting, Program Chair and Academic Chair.
Here is my article about the Shonan meeting.
- SODA'12, General Chair.
- ISAAC'15, General Chair
- Japan Conference on Combinatorics and its Applications 2014, 2016, 2018, 2020, General Chair.
Program Director and Program Officer:
- Program Officer,
Japan Society for the Promotion of Scienece(JSPS) (2018--)
- Research Supervisor(Program Director), ACT-X, Frontier of mathematics and information science,
Japan Science and Technology Agency(JST) (2019--)
- Associate Member of Science Council of Japan (2017--).
- Siam Journal on Discrete Mathematics 2010--2016, Editor.
- Journal of Graph Algorithm and Applications,2014--2018, Editor
- Journal of Graph Theory, Editor.
- Discrete Mathematics and
Theoretical Computer Science, Editor.
- Algorithmica, Editor.
- Graphs and Combinatorics, Editor.
Recent Program Committee and Area Chair:
VLDB'16, SODA'17, STOC'17, FOCS'18, FOCS'20, IJCAI'20(Area Chair), IJCAI'21(Area Chair), SODA'22, ICALP'22
Here are some
Kirkman Prize (from the Institute of Combinatorics and its Applications),
Young Researchers prize from Japan Society for the Promotion of Science in 2006.
IBM Japan Science prize in Computer Science, 2008.
Funai Research (special) Award, 2011, March
Japan Society for the Promotion of Science 9th (FY2012) JSPS Prize
Japanese Academy Medal, 2013.
Best Paper Awards, ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms(SODA'13) 2013
The Mathematical Society of Japan 2015 MSJ Spring Prize
Fulkerson prize 2021 (with Mikkel Thorup) for outstanding papers in Discrete Math.
- JST ERATO Kawarabayashi Large Graph Project, 2012--2018
- NEDO Iot project, 2015--2020
- Kiban S,The Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, 2018--2023
- NEDO AI project 2018--2023
- SIP Material information science 2019--2023