[ntcir:100] Round-Table Discussion on Dec.26

We apologize if you receive multiple copies.

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

The first round-table discussion of
the NTCIR-4 patent retrieval task

Time & Date:
  AM 13:00-15:00, December, 26, 2002. (Thu.)
Place:
  Seminar Room 1 on 14th floor at
  the National Institute of Informatics, JAPAN
Agenda:
(1) Report of the NTCIR-3 patent retrieval task
    Makoto Iwayama (Tokyo Institute of Technology / Hitachi Ltd.)
(2) Proposal of the NTCIR-4 patent retrieval task
    Atsushi Fujii (University of Tsukuba)
(3) Discussion

In brief, we plan to target 5-10 years of Japanese
patents and perform mono/cross-lingual patent-to-patent IR,
where existing claims are used as queries to retrieve
conflicting applications.

If you will attend the meeting, please e-mail
your name and affiliation to ntcadm-patent@xxxxxxxxx
by Dec./20/2002 (Fri.).

We also invite your comments and interest in the task.

Best regards.

NTCIR-4 patent retrieval task organizers
ntcadm-patent@xxxxxxxxx

Atsushi Fujii, ph.D. Associate Professor
Institute of Library and Information Science
University of Tsukuba
1-2 Kasuga, Tsukuba, 305-8550, Japan
E-mail: fujii@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

===(Japanese announcement)==================================