[ntcir:102] REMINDER: Round-Table Discussion on NTCIR

Dear ALL:

I apologize if you receive multiple copies.

On Dec./26 (Thu.) we have TWO Round-Table discussions.
   (1) AM 10:00-12:00 CLIR
   (2) PM 13:00-15:00 PATENT
Place:   Seminar Room 1 on 14th floor at
  the National Institute of Informatics, JAPAN

If you would like to attend and have not yet registered,
please contact us quickly!
CLIR: kishida@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PATENT: ntcadm-patent@xxxxxxxxx

Thank you.

Kazuaki KISHIDA
Surugadai Univ./NII

---(CLIR)--------------------------------------------
A Round-Table Discussion of the CLIR Task will be held
for talking about what we should focus on at the next
NTCIR-4.

Time & Date:
  AM 10:00-12:00, December, 26, 2002. (Thu.)
Place:
  Seminar Room 1 on 14th floor at
  the National Institute of Informatics, JAPAN
Agenda:
(1)  Reports: CLIR Evaluation Worldwide and
     Research Roadmap
     Noriko Kando (NII)
(2)  Discussion on the CLIR Task at NTCIR-4
Language:
  Japanese.
  (However, if many non-Japanese speaking people
   wish to attend, we may use English. We welcom
   participants from countries other than Japan)

If you will attend the meeting, please send your name
and affiliation by e-mail to
   kishida@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
until Dec./20/2002 (Fri.).

If you will be not able to attend the meeting, please
send your opinion or request to kishida@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
before the meeting.

Best regards,

Kazuaki KISHIDA
Organizer of the CLIR Task of NTCIR-4
-------------------------------------
Professor, Faculty of Cultural Information Resources,
Surugadai University, Japan
kishida@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CXE02062@xxxxxxxxxxx

--(PATENT)----------------------------------------
The first round-table discussion of
the NTCIR-4 patent retrieval task

Time & Date:
  AM 13:00-15:00, December, 26, 2002. (Thu.)
Place:
  Seminar Room 1 on 14th floor at
  the National Institute of Informatics, JAPAN
Agenda:
(1) Report of the NTCIR-3 patent retrieval task
    Makoto Iwayama (Tokyo Institute of Technology / Hitachi Ltd.)
(2) Proposal of the NTCIR-4 patent retrieval task
    Atsushi Fujii (University of Tsukuba)
(3) Discussion

In brief, we plan to target 5-10 years of Japanese
patents and perform mono/cross-lingual patent-to-patent IR,
where existing claims are used as queries to retrieve
conflicting applications.

If you will attend the meeting, please e-mail
your name and affiliation to ntcadm-patent@xxxxxxxxx
by Dec./20/2002 (Fri.).

We also invite your comments and interest in the task.

Best regards.

NTCIR-4 patent retrieval task organizers
ntcadm-patent@xxxxxxxxx

Atsushi Fujii, ph.D. Associate Professor
Institute of Library and Information Science
University of Tsukuba
1-2 Kasuga, Tsukuba, 305-8550, Japan
E-mail: fujii@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx