[ntcir:314] [CFP] IUCS 2009

			Call for Papers/Demos

3rd International Universal Communication Symposium (IUCS 2009)

	         	http://www.i-uc-s.org/2009/

   		 	    December 3 - 4, 2009

National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation, Tokyo, Japan

In today's world, ICT infrastructure capable of distributing massive
amounts of information anytime, anywhere is becoming more
abundant. However, from the viewpoint of the potential to exchange
"any kind of information with anyone" as we like, we have come to
recognize various barriers such as those of language, mistrust and
distance. In order to discuss how to overcome these barriers and
create a more human-centered communication environment, we have held
two International Symposia in Kyoto and Osaka in 2007 and 2008
respectively, under the basic concept of "Universal
Communication". This year, we will have the 3rd International
Universal Communication Symposium (IUCS 2009) in Tokyo, Japan, aiming
to further promote productive discussion and research exchange.

Authors are invited to submit original, unpublished research papers.
Topics of interest are as follows, but not limited to:

Track 1: <Speech and Language Processing>
- Information retrieval and information analysis
- Information credibility
- Knowledge processing
- Language resources
- Speech recognition and synthesis
- Machine translation and speech translation
- Natural language processing
- Spoken language processing
- Multilingual information processing

Track 2: <Ultra Realistic Communications>
- Super high-resolution image technology
- 3D visualization, imaging and display technologies
- 3D sound processing
- Virtual reality, mixed reality and augmented reality
- Multisensory (visual, acoustic, haptic, olfactory, etc) interaction
- Human factors

Track 3: <Sensor and Human-interaction>
- Human interface and interaction technologies
- Real-world sensing technologies
- Human behavior detection and analysis
- User support technologies
- Sensor data mining