Megumi Kaneko's Page
I am an Associate Professor at the National Institute of Informatics (NII) and at the
Graduate University for Advanced Studies (Sokendai), in Tokyo, Japan (photo left corner: NIIfs mascot).
I am a Senior Member of IEEE and serving as an Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications,
IEEE Communications Letters, IEEE Wireless Communications Letters and IEICE Transactions on Communications.
I received the IEEE Communications Letters Exemplary Editor distinction in December 2020.
On September 1st 2020, I was nominated as a Member of the Advisory Board for Promoting Science and Technology Diplomacy, at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (MOFA).
Currently, my main research interests are:
- 5G and Beyond radio access design (Cloud/Fog radio access networks, mmWave networks, drone networks),
- Machine learning-based radio resource allocation and interference management for next generation mobile systems
- Machine-to-Machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) communications (LPWAN, LoRa),
- Integrated terrestrial-satellite communication systems,
- Applications of Compressed Sensing for wireless systems,
- Energy-efficient wireless communication systems.