5. Real World Computing Project (RWCP) Speech Corpora
5-c. RWCP News Speech Corpus (RWCP-SP99)
RWCP (Real World Computing Partnership)
RWCP Intellectual Resources Working group
Professional announcers read broadcast news articles.
A professional broadcast reporter wrote the draft based on the actual event. The announcer read to himself once and then he read the draft once imaging the actual broadcasting.
about 40 news articles (30 independent articles + 10 articles common to all speakers)
Set A (50 sentences) of 503 ATR phonetically balanced sentences
- M1 Male professional narrator, 30ies of age
- M2 Male professional announcer, 40ies of age
- M3 Male professional announcer, 30ies of age
- F1 Female professional narrator, 30ies of age
- F2 Female professional announcer, 40ies of age
- F4 Female professional announcer, 30ies of age
Speech file format
RAW format (16 kHz, 16 bit, Mono, BigEndian)
WAV format (16 kHz, 16 bit, Mono) renewal in Aug. 2009
For research purpose only
All documents are written in Japanese.
Speech sample for test listening
- News articles
- ATR phonetically balanced sentences