10. Priority Areas "Advanced Utilization of Multimedia to Promote Higher Education Reform" Speech Database (UME)
10-b. Japanese Speech Database Read by Foreign Students (UME-JRF)
Speech Database Committee of the Priority Areas Project on "Advanced Utilization of Multimedia to Promote Higher Education Reform" during 2000-2002.
Japanese Speech Database Read by Overseas Students:
- ATR's 503 phonetically balanced sentences
- 108 sentences difficult to pronounce
- 42 sentences for prosodic evaluation
- 115 minimal-pair words
141 speakers (72 males and 69 females) including native speakers of 26 languages.
Japanese Level: Intermediate – Senior
|Arabic||2 males||1 female|
|Chinese||26 males||29 females|
|English||2 males||1 female|
|French||5 males||1 female|
|Indonesian||4 males||1 female|
|Korean||16 males||16 females|
|Malaysian||1 male||1 female|
|Mongolian||1 male||2 females|
|Sinhalese||1 male||2 females|
|Spanish||3 males||1 female|
|Vietnamese||5 males||1 female|
Speech file format
WAV format (16kHz, 16bit, Mono)
For research purpose only
Grading lists by 4 native Japanese teachers are attached.
All documents are written in Japanese.
Speech sample for test listening
Utterances by native speakers of Chinese
- 1) Phonetically balanced sentences
- 2) Sentences difficult to pronounce
- 3) Sentences for prosodic evaluation
- 4) Minimal-pair words